About the School
Taekwon-Do Maximus is a family friendly Martial Art School and has been operating at its present location since May 2000.
All classes are taught in a safe, encouraging, family friendly atmosphere that challenges the potential of each student without seeming too overwhelming.
Newcomers are welcomed into a team environment where "No one sits on the bench". The higher ranks teach the black belt attitude by challenging and encouraging new students to always give 110 percent.
Call Master Kenneth Hance at 905-525-9755 or visit the school to watch a class (location of school).
We are located:
- On the Second Floor, 450 Main Street East (at Erie), Hamilton;
- Above "Smart Choice" (formerly 'Rent 2 Own');
- Across the street from the "No Frills" Plaza (Main & Tisdale).
The following programs focus on the development of…
Children (6-12 years old)
- Self-discipline and self-confidence through the setting and achieving of goals.
- Leadership skills.
- Safety awareness, self-defense and fitness.
Youth & Adults (13 and Up)
- Fitness and self-confidence by challenging students both physically and mentally.
- Strength, agility and flexibility through proven training methods.
- Practical self-defense capabilities with an emphasis on knife, stick and gun disarm drills.
Master Kenneth Hance
- Master Instructor & Owner;
- Seventh Degree Black Belt, ITF, RKH 7-11
- Trained with Taekwon-Do founder General Choi Hong Hi;
- Currently training under First Grandmaster Rhee Ki Ha (most senior ITF Instructor in the world);
- Over 35 years of experience in the martial arts;
- First Degree Black Belt, American Hapkido Association;
- Kids Safe Network Instructor;
Mr. Mike DaSilva
- International Instructor;
- Fourth Degree Black Belt, ITF, RKH 4-41
- Two-time National ITF Champion;
- Honours College Graduate.
Mr. David H. Dost: Third Degree Black Belt ITF; Second Degree Black Belt, American Hapkido Association; Successful business owner.
Mr. Martin Hance: Second Degree Black Belt ITF; Taekwon-Do Champion. College graduate and social worker.
Mr. Dan Ormond: First Degree Black Belt ITF; Taekwon-Do Mentor & Successful business owner.
Mr. Greg Webster: First Degree Black Belt ITF; Taekwon-Do Motivator & corporate professional.
Miss Eliam Lam: First Degree Black Belt ITF and University Student.
- "I've noticed positive changes in my son ever since he started Tae Kwon-Do. His behaviour is better, his cooperation is better, and he tries harder on a daily basis. He still has problems concentrating on his school work, but he doesn't argue as much as before, he is more responsible for his actions, and knows when he has done something wrong. My husband and I are very proud of him, and we want to thank you for your help and support." – Fatima A. – Parent of Taekwon-Do Student